I've decided that I should start a blog for my time abroad in the Peace Corps. Well, I actually created this blog about 3 months ago after I was nominated, but I did not want to jinx my invitation so I deleted it. But, as of today, I was invited to serve with the Peace Corps in South Africa, and I even was able to revive the post I created on the day I was nominated!
My staging starts on January 28th, 2010. From staging I will be in South Africa for training from January 30th-March 29th, 2010. Although dates are subject to change, I will start my two years of service on March 30th, 2010 and finish on March 29th, 2012!! I have to say that I am thrilled to finally find out this information that I have waited five long months to get.
I hope to update this blog rather frequently before I leave in less than 3 months, and then keep my family and friends up to date on my life in South Africa with the Peace Corps. I hope you can learn about what i am doing, the Peace Corps, and South Africa.